1. Prometheus Radio Project is heading South this Fall to support social justice and community groups to seize the airwaves and build power with community radio. See an excerpt below from the website at http://prometheusradio.org/2012tour
"We've heard from many groups in the South about the need for independent media that can express their stories, news, and culture. Prometheus has a decade-long track record of helping community groups, like the Coalition of Immokalee Workers in Florida, to build their own community radio stations as tools for organizing and artistic expression. We're excited to once again visit the South and help build long-term community-run and independent media to amplify the voices of the people. The FCC will be accepting applications for new community radio stations next year. On the tour, Prometheus will share all the steps necessary to apply for a Low Power FM (LPFM) license. We'll support groups in cities throughout the South to apply for licenses, build new stations, and get on the air."
2. Rev. Pinkney, of the Rev. Pinkney Blogtalk Radio Show, wrote:
Our primary goal is to stop NAACP hand-picked Black leaders from misrepresenting African-Americans and our ancestors. We burn our membership cards every Sunday during the radio program - over 1748 cards burned so far.
5. All 139 Executive Orders by President Obama to date
7. Scotus decision may affect your right to sell your personal property!
8. Exoneration from death row: Today, after 15 years in solitary confinement, Damon Thibodeaux has been exonerated in Louisiana and freed from death row. As I write this, he is enjoying his first hours of freedom after walking out of Angola prison just before 1pm EDT. (From National Coalition to End DP http://www.ncadp.org/ )
9. THE ILLEGAL WAR ON LIBYA, edited by CYNTHIA McKINNEY, Green Party Candidate for President 2008 and former Congresswoman
ISBN: 978-0-9852710-6-0 $19.95 2012 E-book: 978-0-9853353-2-8
SPECIAL PRE-PUBLICATION OFFER USA/Canada Overseas
"Think of this book as your primer on war propaganda, deliberate media deception, hidden political and personal agendas, and finally, on what a set of politically powerful and well-connected people will do to a country when they have access to military power and the will to use it."
Thank you, online friends and fellow human/civil rights advocates, for helping to keep my readers and me informed. Keep the emails coming!