Saturday, September 28, 2013

Oct 22 Coalition Demands Dog Justice for People

Which picture contains living beings who actually have a protected right to life in America?


Dog Justice

Too bad you weren't a dog, my brother
In my heart, I cried
Many more people would care about you
And wonder why you died


You had no spots or floppy ears
You never fetched a ball
Instead, you were a human being
But poor, black, and flawed


You died in jail for mental illness
I know down in my heart
Your death would be investigated
If only you could bark


Dog deaths get swift justice
Their abusers are sent to jail
Poor Mama would have closure now
If you'd had a wagging tail


But you were made in God's image
And some day, I have no doubt
The mentally ill and American dogs
Will have at least equal clout
~ by Mary Neal, all rights protected

October 22 Coalition
The Stolen Lives Project
Remembering those killed by police violence


Which picture contains living beings who actually have a protected right to life in America?

No comments:

Post a Comment