Scores quoted below for states in the DP race are from 2010. Some have made great strides since then.
1. CAPITAL PUNISHMENT has long been a favorite sport. You may be surprised to know that Texas was not among the top five in the DP race until after 1976. States may get double points for executing innocents or mentally challenged people, but the scores I found give all executions equal weight. Virginia leads the nation with 1,386 executions. Before 1976, Texas' score was just 755, but killing another 475 since then brought Texas to 1,230. The Long Horn State can take the lead with another 50 or so people unless Virginia steps up her pace. Below are scores by state between 1608 and 1976 (lynchings are not included) for the top five states.
Virginia - 1277
New York - 1,130
Pennsylvania - 1040
Georgia - 950
North Carolina - 784
2. South Carolina was not in the top five, but no one can doubt its commitment to execution. That state holds the record for executing the youngest person, 14-year-old George Stinney. Of course, George was black. He was only 5'1" tall and weighed just 95 pounds. His guilt is highly doubtful. Some people advocate resumption of juvenile executions. See a picture of George Stinney and learn more about his death at this link: Juvenile Justice - Kids 4 Cash http://marylovesjustice.blogspot.com/2011/03/juvenile-justice-kids-4-cash.html - The law is tough on minority children. A 12-year-old Florida boy, Christian Fernandez, is charged with first degree murder. I wrote about him in "Human Trafficking by Government - Kids4Cash" at this link: http://marylovesjustice.blogspot.com/2011/10/human-trafficking-by-government.html - I don't think the D.A. can ask for the death penalty in his case since juvenile executions were outlawed, thankfully!
3. Execution (especially of potentially innocent people, the mentally challenged, and minors) is not something they want us discussing online, although it happens. Capital punishment is like a burp, which polite people ignore. Hackers are paid to destroy my computers to prevent my advocacy against criminalizing mental illness and capital punishment. Online activism for human rights may be seriously curtailed if/when one of the Internet censorship bills that are continually introduced finally passes. H.R.3261 and S.968 were defeated in January 2012, but Sen. McCain already introduced another bill that civil rights advocates and organizations believe will endanger net freedom. SOPA and PIPA proposed putting the Internet under the U.S. Attorney's Office. Can you imagine? Like China! Another concern, ACTA, is a treaty that was signed in November 2011 to give other countries, including China, a measure of control over what can go online or remain there. Google "EFF ACTA" for more information about the international intellectual property protection treaty.
4. Handicapped and potentially innocent people may be worth double points in the DP race.
Troy Davis was executed on September 21, 2011, and serious doubt remains about his guilt. He declared his innocence in his last moments and asked people who care about justice to "continue fighting this fight" to clear his name. Of course, efforts to clear Troy Davis postpartum and also end DP would spoil the game and reduce prison profits. Prisons are paid significantly more for warehousing a condemned inmate than they get for inmates in maximum security prisons or those in the general prison population. Therefore, censorship was used against my Change.org petition to the U.S. Justice Department and Georgia Bureau of Investigation for a new investigation of deceased Officer MacPhail's murder. http://freespeakblog.blogspot.com/2011/11/petition-by-davismacphail-truth.html Petition by Davis/MacPhail Truth Committee. The article has voice recordings of Davis' last request and more information. One day soon, we will relaunch the petition at another site.
5. Please pray for Thomas Arthur, an Alabama condemned man. His 2009 DNA test eliminated him for all items tested. More items could be tested at his attorneys' expense, but Alabama refuses. See his DNA test results http://www.thomasarthurfightforlife.com/images/Arthur_DNA_Test_Results_07-20090001.pdf - Thomas Arthur faces execution on March 29, 2012 unless God intervenes through some righteous person in government. Google "Mary Neal Thomas Arthur" for my articles about him. I have followed his case for years despite much cyberstalking to prevent my reports.
6. Pray for Hank Skinner. He was scheduled for execution AGAIN on November 9, 2011, but he was granted a stay of execution. Texas still has not let him test his DNA against the evidence, as far as I know. If Hank is killed without irrefutable proof of his guilt, he would be worth double points, too. You can see his support page at Twitter @Justice4Hank at http://twitter.com/justice4hank . Google my article, "Hank Skinner, Human Sacrifice for the 1%."
Another article about Jeff Wood was published at NowPublic.com, where this Christian human rights advocate published 174 articles to promote justice in America. When NowPublic.com sold/merged with the Examiner, my articles were apparently discontinued. If they ever re-emerge online, please read comments at the article below that were from Jeff Wood's relatives and from the real shooter's brother.
Scheduled for Texas Execution: Jeff Wood, a Mentally Challenged Young Man | NowPublic News Coverage http://www.nowpublic.com/world/scheduled-texas-execution-jeff-wood-mentally-challenged-young-man#ixzz1qXyDyaCf
8. Please pray for Andre Thomas. No sane person would eat his eyes. But an insane man did. Andre Thomas ate one eye while awaiting trial for killing his estranged wife and children. He cut their hearts out and took the hearts home in his pocket to keep them close to him (his words). Andre ate his second eye in 2009. Should acute mental patients be executed for their crimes? Members of Assistance to the Incarcerated Mentally Ill (AIMI) do not think so, and neither does the Supreme Court. But Texas, where Andre awaits the death needle, disagrees. Andre remains on death row. See this legal blog
http://www.shermancriminallawyer.com/2010/09/andre-thomas-sane-enough-to-di.html "Andre Thomas - Sane Enough to Die? - Part 1." I was not allowed to extend the date to accept signatures on my petition to save Andre Thomas that I launched at Care2. I changed the date numerous times, but the edit was not allowed to take effect. Stalkers assigned to censor Mary Neal are adamant DP supporters.
9. SEE HOW YOUR STATE RANKS IN THE DP RACE at Death Penalty Information Center (DPIC). The pre-1976 DP scorecard for each state at this link: http://www.deathpenaltyinfo.org/executions-united-states-1608-1976-state - I wonder if people take bets on whether condemned persons will receive a stay of execution. Of course, it is too late for Troy Davis, but what is your wager on four condemned inmates listed in this article: Thomas Arthur (AL), Hank Skinner, Jeff Wood, and Andre Thomas (TX)?
10. In a world with seven billion people, some decision makers think life is cheap. Ignoring potential innocence and mental illness of condemned persons is indicative of that problem. This is especially true in Bible Belt states, where lynching was a favorite sport in the 1930s and 40s. In the 21st century, human and civil rights are regularly being challenged at state and federal levels. For example, concentration camps are to be erected under the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA), which was enacted in December 2011. NDAA allows indefinite military detention without naming a crime and without any trial.
11. Cyberstalkers attacked my efforts to notify our readers about H.R.3785, a congressional bill to repeal NDAA's concentration camp provision and eliminate that nasty threat. Obviously, the same people who pay my cyberstalkers to prevent advocacy to decriminalize mental illness and end capital punishment are also interested in having concentration camps. Thank you for reading and sharing this article, which has thirteen(13) numbered paragraphs and additional data at nine(9) links. What is your bet on yourself and people you care about as officials grow increasingly immoral? An injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere (MLK).
12. Abolition article by Mary Neal, Website: Wrongful Death of Larry Neal http://wrongfuldeathoflarryneal.com - Director of Assistance to the Incarcerated Mentally Ill (AIMI) http://www.care2.com/c2c/group/aimi - I remain a committed abolitionist despite threats. GOD is against DP (Psalm 102:19-20), especially by a justice system that is NOT without sin, having officials who helped to cover up my disabled brother's murder under secret arrest and engaged in other atrocities over many years. It is The Justice Department's responsibility to prosecute cyberstalkers who take over my phone and PCs to prevent my advocacy, because Americans still have freedom of pres and free speech on paper. But my requests for help are REJECTED. America should "be what she said on paper" (MLK). The Bible instructs:
"He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone." (John 8:7)